Friday, March 8, 2013

Challenge #10: Eat An Apple A Day

I'm posting this a few days early because tomorrow we leave to go on our first family camping trip - which probably means no internet.

So really quick, this week I want you to make an effort to eat at least 1 apple a day.  This weekend, while you're out running errands and such, buy 7 apples and plan to eat them all.  The method behind this sort of 'madness' is to get more of those awesome foods into your daily plan. Apples are a great place to start.  They are portable, tasty, good for you and easy to combine with other things for added flavor.

Try apples with peanut butter, almond butter (tastes just like peanut butter), hazlenut butter (though look for one where sugar is not the first ingredient listed), apples dipped in honey flavored greek yogurt, hummus, or just a plain old fresh apple. 

When I get back from the camping trip, I want to host a little confessional of mine.  I want to let you know the things from these challenges that have stuck around for me, and the ones that I'm having a hard time working into the routines.  Remember, it's not about perfection, it's about improving.  Even if you are only doing one thing differently, better, today than you were yesterday, then you are improving.  Keep working, keep finding those small changes to a better you and it WILL make a difference.  I promise!

Have a great weekend and invest in some delicious apples!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer your support and encouragement. Thank you!