Friday, March 30, 2012

Mile 23: TJ and Wanda Shufflin, In Memory Of Evelyn Williams

Mile 23: TJ and Wanda Shufflin, In Memory of Evelyn Williams

TJ and Wanda are dear friends of my dad and I am so honored to have their support on this mission.

Here is the meaning behind Mile #23 in Wanda's words:

I never had the pleasure of meeting Mitzie, but I heard she was a great lady.
My mother died in 2001 of ovarian cancer, but she was almost 78, so I had her for a long time (not long enough).  Her name was Evelyn Williams.
Could we please have mile 23 in her honor?  She was born in 1923.  And 23 is TJ's lucky number.


Thank you TJ and Wanda.  I'm honored to be a part of your tribute and I hope #23 is as lucky to me as it is to you, TJ!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer your support and encouragement. Thank you!