Sunday, January 6, 2013

Challenge Week #1: Drink More Water

Our first challenge of the '52 Challenges' challenge (say that 5 times fast) is to drink one 8-12oz size glass of water first thing in the morning.

Starting tomorrow morning, drink a glass of water every day before you have breakfast and even before your morning coffee.

Why?  Well we all know how good water is for us and that we should be drinking more of it, however, fitting those glasses of goodness in during the day can be tough.  This is one way to make sure you are getting that oh so beneficial drink.  Once you down that glass you're at least ONE more glass of water up on the day.

PLUS, studies have shown that drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning can do some amazing things for you like: jump start your metabolism for the day, get your intestinal tract moving to fight constipation and dehydration, and flush toxins from your body to help it run smoother and help you feel better!

I have to admit, I've actually been doing this for a few weeks now and it's so EASY.  My trick, I fill the glass up before I go to bed and put it by my bedside so it is there right when I wake up.  All I have to do is chug-a-lug as soon as I'm up.  And I REALLY do notice a difference when I get that glass of water in versus when I forget.  My energy is always much better and I just feel better, which is always a bonus!

And just in case you're interested in taking on a few extra glasses of water during the day, here's a list of a few more benefits from drinking water:

  1. Water keeps you healthy by helping your blood (which is over 80% water) create new healthy blood cells.
  2. Drinking water helps your lymphatic system get moving, which can help lessen pain in your body.
  3. Water helps remove waste from your body.  I'm sure we'd all agree that getting the waste and toxins out is a pretty good idea.
  4. Every cell and joint in your body requires water in order to function properly.
  5. It is calorie-free!  Plus, drinking a glass or two before meals can help you maintain a healthy weight because drinking water is filling. 
  6. Dehydration raises the levels of cortisol, the "stress hormone" in your body.  By drinking more water you can actually help lower your stress levels.
  7. Drinking more water can keep you from getting sick.  Your whole body functions better the more hydrated it is, which allows your body to fight off infection more effeciently.
  8. Water saves money!!
  9. Improves your skin complexion by flushing out toxins and hydrating your skin from the inside. It's the best and cheapest anti-aging treatment around!
  10. Drinking more water puts you in a good mood.  When your body is operating at its best then you feel good, too!
So accept the challenge and get your drink on!  One glass of water at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer your support and encouragement. Thank you!