Thursday, April 26, 2012

Miles for Mitzie Happenings for May

Here's a quick rundown of some of the fun that's in the works for May:

Saturday, May 5: MD Anderson Sprint For Life
Sprint for Life Banner

  Miles for Mitzie is doing it again this year!  We have a group created so please join us as we walk this 5K in the middle of the medical center of Houston.  The Sprint For Life benefits the Blanton-Davis Ovarian Cancer Fund at MD Anderson, so your money is going to a great cause.  Plus, an early morning 3 mile walk/run is a great way to justify a margarita later on that day :-)

Go here to sign up with Miles for Mitzie today!!!  http://www.firstgiving.com/sprintforlife



Saturday, May 19: Ironman Texas


 This is the big day for me, of course, but more importantly its a big day for Miles for Mitzie and ovarian cancer awareness.  Kyle and I have already marked out locations for our amazing Mile Marker signs celebrating our donors, and we are working on spectator spots, too.

   Rundown, (So Far...):
  1. The race starts at 6:45am from North Shore Park on Lake Woodlands Drive.  If you plan to be at the start of the race to see me off this is the place. 
  2. Transition is at Town Green Park off Lake Robbins (behind the Woodlands Pavillion and across from HEB Grocery).  Once I get on the bike it'll be a good 7-8hrs before I return here again.  The GREAT news is that my house is on the bike route...at the very end!!! 
  3. Sooooo, Kyle will be hanging out at Summer Morning Ct. for the bike ride, where all spectators are invited to relax, hang out, drink, order food, cook food, and watch the live race feed on the big screen.  Plus, you can get the chance to walk out our front door and cheer your hearts out for the pros and the everyman finishing up a 112 mile bike ride (the louder, the better).  Bring music, megaphones, pom-poms, cowbells...whatever - you name it - I want to hear my little corner of the ride from 5 miles away!!!
    1. This little stretch of road is also where we plan to place our Miles for Mitzie Mile Markers for all my donors who bought a mile on the bike course!!
    2. There may also be a small group driving up the Richards, TX (about mile 51 on the bike ride) to cheer at a little ranch house there.  We'll have more details on that too as the date gets closer.
  4. After the bike it's back to transition I go.  If you watch me ride by on the bike from my house, you probably will not have enough time to get to transition in time to watch me head out on the run....but we are scouting out spots to plant our Miles for Mitzie signs for the marathon...and to watch me run by.  The course is 3 loops and ends near the bars and restaurants at the Waterway.  Kyle's idea is to park at an office he's worked at close by and walk up the course a little to cheer me on some, then head back in towards the Waterway area (and the finish line!) as I run the 3rd loop. 
  Here's a link to the courses:  http://ironmantexas.com/course/

  I think that is it for Ironman right now.  We'll try to get more information out, with phone numbers, directions around traffic snarls (especially near my house), and any extras.

Miles for Mitzie T-Shirts Are Available:
  Because this year's fundraising has been dominated by the Ironman, it is only fitting that the shirts are too!  Yayy!  They are $20/each with a portion of the proceeds going towards my campaign.  They will be gray, but here is a peek at the design:


Even if you weren't able to make a donation directly to my campaign, simply by getting a great looking t-shirt you've done something.  Not only does a portion of the profits from the shirts benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, but you are raising awareness by wearing it around!!  Let me know ASAP if you would like one, please!

Premier Jewelry For The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund
  Just a reminder that all home shows and catalog shows for my Premier Jewelry business do benefit the cause as well.  This is a fun, easy way to get some friends together and help a great cause...plus you get some amazing jewelry and hostess benefits out of it too.  Let me know if you'd like to help in this way!

That's it for now!  Please stay tuned!  As May winds down, I'll be focusing more and more on turning this little group into an amazing not-for-profit.  Trust me, I've got a great team and some AWESOME people with amazing ideas flowing my way.  I cannot wait to get moving!!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer your support and encouragement. Thank you!