Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mile 1: Christie Harris and Mile 91: Mary-ellen Moore

Mile #1:

Mile 1 has been claimed by Christie Harris!!  She's still working on a name, but I'm sure it will be pretty darn creative.  Christie and I have been friends since college.  We lived next door to each other at our sorority house at LSU and worked together with the local arena football team in Baton Rouge, LA during our junior year of college.  Soon we started running together and praying that one day we could finish the 4 mile loop around the LSU lakes.  It's funny now, because since then we have both completed a total 5 marathons and 2 Half Ironmans combined (at least two of those races we did together).  She currently lives in New Orleans, LA, but we train and compete together all the time.  We conquered our dream to run the loop around the LSU lakes a few years ago when we did a training run together after a football game.  We made that loop beg for mercy by running around the lake 3.5 times, for a total of 14 miles!!!  Thanks for the support Christie!!  And thanks for keeping me moving, too! 


Mile #91:

Mile 91 is combined effort between two of my oldest friends.  I already told you a little bit about Jennifer Bailey's donation, so you should know a little bit about Mary-ellen 'Moore' Hennon's addition.  Mary-ellen is definately my longest friendship.  She has been one my best and most dear friends since elementary school and we have done a lot of growing up together.  We've stayed friends through all of these years and have both lost a parent to cancer.  Her support means to the world to me and her lasting friendship has been one of the most amazing parts of my life.  Thanks so much Mary-ellen!  The name you picked "Yesterdays" (also in honor of my devotion to Guns N' Roses) is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer your support and encouragement. Thank you!